Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Dental Hygiene & the Bedtime Battle

I bought Will a toothbrush & baby toothpaste yesterday. We will now be brushing his two teeth (which is actually recommended). I handed him the toothbrush and you would have thought I gave the child a million dollars! He was so excited. The toothpaste is bubble gum flavored and does not contain fluoride...so it's safe if he swallows it, and that's exactly what's going to happen since he doesn't know how to spit or rinse! Every night after Will's bath, he gets his butt powdered, his body massaged with lotioned and his hair brushed...all while Mommy & Daddy make silly noises, sing stupid songs and dance around like idiots to keep him entertained. You would think he would enjoy this process...afterall, I would love to get powdered, massaged with lotioned and have someone brush my hair on a nightly basis. Not our Little Will! He cries until he doesn't have a clue what he's crying about, screams, rolls over, flings his head back, arches his back, yells and hollers...needless to say the bedtime battle is exhausting...but, hey, everyone has to be a crab sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Josie only gets a bath every few days becuase she just hates it. Not sure why. So I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete