Tuesday, March 3, 2009

These Legs Are Made For Walkin'...

...and that's just what I'll do! Will took his first steps last night! He walked from Jake to the coffee table and then the coffee table to me (about four steps total!). Not a lot...but still a pretty huge deal in our house! We got this toy that changes from a push buggy to a ride on. We pulled it out last night and it was a huge hit! He pushed that thing all over the living room!
Will's pretty funny these days! He's back to doing the squishy face...especially when he's determined or crawling at mock speed across the floor. He's climbing and he'll use whatever he can as leverage...the dog, Daddy's back, a basket, pile of books...whatever. If somethings in the middle of the coffee table...he'll find a way to get it. He stalks our food. Everything we eat...he wants. He whines and moves his mouth like he's chewing...that's your cue that he wants to share! If you ask him what a duck says he'll say a variation of "Quack, Quack, Quack." He says "Dada" but I'm not sure he relates Jake with "Dada" yet.
He starts swimming lessons on Saturday at the YMCA. Jake is going to do the first week with him, and then I'll take over. He should love swimming! I'm looking forward to it, and I'll be sending some pictures and video of our little fish!

1 comment: