Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Georgia On My Mind...

Georgia, Georgia
The whole day through (the whole day through)
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind (Georgia on my mind)
I said a Georgia, Georgia
A song of you (a song of you)
Comes as sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in the peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
I said Georgia, oh Georgia, no peace I find (no peace I find)
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind (Georgia on my mind oh)
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
Oh Georgia, No peace, no peace I find
Just an old, sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind (Georgia on my mind)
Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you
Oh Georgia, Georgia
No peace, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind (Georgia on my mind)
I said just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
---Ray Charles
We've made it to Albany! Whew. Moving stinks. We're still cleaning and unpacking. Unpacking is a nightmare. Poor Will has been a mess since we've gotten here...granted, he is cutting four teeth, has a cold, possible ear infection, and the poor child is totally out of his routine and element. I guess he's allowed to be a crab. We've had to deal with so many issues since we've gotten here, but thankfully it's all working out (at the pace of snails...but, hey, things move slower down in the south!). The piles of unpacked boxes and small mountains of belongings that don't have a home yet are annoying and cumbersome...but like I said...we are getting there...slowly.
I'm feeling crappy these days...not sure if it's being pregnant or some sort of bug. I have an upset stomach and have to run to the pot after everything I eat. I'm in my gagging stage of the first trimester. Will burped today, and I had to run out of the kitchen on the verge of puking because I was gagging so hard. Public restrooms make me gag, baby food makes me gag, smells make me gag, pizza makes me gag, leftovers make me gag, dirt and grim make me gag, etc., etc., etc. Fun...but it'll pass.
Georgia is pretty and the locals are super friendly. I love the large, mature trees with drapes of Spanish Moss. I saw a cardinal, blue bird, red finch and teeny, tiny wren in our backyard today. I'll have to entice them back with some food. We have lots of squirrels, but considering I think they are tree rats, they can go find another yard to live in. Our neighborhood seems to be fairly quiet, not a lot of traffic, older homes that have decent sized yards...we haven't seen our neighbors yet but when we get a bit more organized I'll go introduce myself. The dogs and cats love the extra space we have...they run around like idiots not knowing what to do with all the room! The carpeted floors have helped Will excel in crawling...it's like "Will on Speed". He's super attached to Daddy these days. Jake can't leave with the room with Will bursting into hysterics. He is also Daddy's little "helper" these days. Wherever Daddy is...Will is. It's kind of really cute.
Be on the look out for an email with our new address and phone number...

No comments:

Post a Comment